Week One Has Been Fun
We’re a week in. Seven days ago we woke up in Chicago, loaded everything into our van, and headed north to Wisconsin. Now we’re in Upstate New York for a wedding. Later today, we’ll have spiedies, a Binghamton specialty (FYI: don’t spell them “speedy” — “the term “spiedie” comes from the Italian spiedo meaning spit or spiedini referring to cubes or balls of meat cooked on a skewer“). I can’t wait — maybe we’ll get them from breakfast.
Next week, we’ll finish tricking out our van with a platform bed and storage. We already cleared out the seats, center console, and candy crumbs. Without the crumbs and with a new cabin air filter, Rocky is smelling pretty sweet.
This week we learned:
- MQ Camera Center is probably the best camera store in Syracuse, NY.
- Ancient Ancient Age goes fast; we need another mission whiskey.
- Watkins Glen is a great town.
- We didn’t have a case of the Mondays, but the reality of leaving our jobs is still sinking in.
- Columbus Bakery in Syracuse is still delicious.
- We may want to consider trading our lead-acid for lithium-ions.
- Ditch the guidebook for great travel experiences.
- Even on vacation, we dream about vacation — we can’t wait to return to Paris and hit some of these spots.