The Indianapolis Museum of Art is Awesome and Free
“If you have some time tomorrow, check out the art museum,” our buddy Drew told us. Later he said: “One of the things I like best about Indianapolis is that it continues to pleasantly surprise me.”
The Indianapolis Museum of Art is awesome. If you’re in town, you need to visit. Let me counteth the ways we love it:
- It’s free (but you may have to pay for parking in the future and if you want to view the special exhibit).
- It’s huge (the museum itself is on a 100-acre plot).
- It’s not just art (there’s the Lilly House, the greenhouse, the gardens … there’s tons to see).
- The art is awesome (they have the biggest Van Gogh that I’ve ever seen).
- The art is explained (each piece has a couple bullets that give context to the work).
We left wondering if we could become squatters on the grounds for the next year. Cue the photos!