Once you’ve saved enough money to take a road trip, how do you make that money last as long as possible? Set a daily budget The first lesson of a daily budget is that you’ll often exceed your daily budget. Our daily goal was to spend a maximum of $100 ($75 in cheaper areas) on discretionary items (camping, hotels, gas, food, drinks, supplies, and shopping). Some days will be more […]Read more
Tagged with "how to save money on a road trip - Driving Inertia"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Hacker Casual:
- Nexus 5X Black Friday Deal
- Men’s Clothing + Tech Black Friday Deals List
- Reading List: Turkey Day Edition ft. Li-Fi, Cyberplants, Imaginary Time, & the no-so-soothing Jazz of H. Jon Benjamin
- Four (Tech) Things to Be Thankful For
- Hoodies/Jeans/Sneakers: November 23, 2015
- Friday Reading List: Uppers+downers, how dress shoes are made, and Linux security concerns
- Today Only: J.Crew Factory & Barneys Warehouse 50% off Sales
- November Prize: Win an Amazon Fire Tablet
- Impulse Buy: $29.99 Levi’s 511 in Rigid Dragon