Once you’ve saved enough money to take a road trip, how do you make that money last as long as possible? Set a daily budget The first lesson of a daily budget is that you’ll often exceed your daily budget. Our daily goal was to spend a maximum of $100 ($75 in cheaper areas) on discretionary items (camping, hotels, gas, food, drinks, supplies, and shopping). Some days will be more […]Read more
Tagged with "how to save money on a road trip - Driving Inertia"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
We're on month 16 of our 12-month adventure. Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we drove around the United States (35,000 miles!), seeing what we'd find. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region where we're plotting our next move.
- Boston Style on Dappered
- Drinking in Death Valley on Matador
- Packing for a Long Road Trip on Dappered
- Phoenix Style on Dappered
- Remove Red Wine Stains With Baking Soda on Dappered
- Revisiting the Road Trip Packing List on Dappered
- Southern California Style on Dappered
- The Best Smartphone-Suit Compromise on Dappered
- Wisconsin Northwoods Style on Dappered
- The Sentimental Case of Wine: Why You Should Split a Case with Your Friends
- “Oh Honey…At Least You’re Still Young.” On Dealing with Unsolicited Advice Behind the Tasting Bar.
- Working on the Bottling Line
- Paso Robles in February
- The Most Innovative Ways to Sneak Wine…Anywhere