Once you’ve saved enough money to take a road trip, how do you make that money last as long as possible? Set a daily budget The first lesson of a daily budget is that you’ll often exceed your daily budget. Our daily goal was to spend a maximum of $100 ($75 in cheaper areas) on discretionary items (camping, hotels, gas, food, drinks, supplies, and shopping). Some days will be more […]Read more
Tagged with "how to save money on a road trip - Driving Inertia"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
- Boston Style on Dappered
- Drinking in Death Valley on Matador
- Packing for a Long Road Trip on Dappered
- Phoenix Style on Dappered
- Remove Red Wine Stains With Baking Soda on Dappered
- Revisiting the Road Trip Packing List on Dappered
- Southern California Style on Dappered
- The Best Smartphone-Suit Compromise on Dappered
- Trail & Tarmac
- Wisconsin Northwoods Style on Dappered