Once you’ve saved enough money to take a road trip, how do you make that money last as long as possible? Set a daily budget The first lesson of a daily budget is that you’ll often exceed your daily budget. Our daily goal was to spend a maximum of $100 ($75 in cheaper areas) on discretionary items (camping, hotels, gas, food, drinks, supplies, and shopping). Some days will be more […]Read more
Tagged with "how to save money on a road trip - Driving Inertia"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Hacker Casual:
- Leicester City’s big win, Apple douchery from @VellumAtlanta, mom’s gifts with @StyleGF, and more
- Featured: New Balance ML574 Sneakers for $40
- How to Communicate With Your Team When HipChat is Down
- Tech Tuesday: Get a Microsoft Surface Book for $150 Off
- Hoodies/Jeans/Sneakers: May 2, 2016
- A tip for @Uber, the road to the fryer with @LuckyPeach, blazer shopping with @Dappered, and more
- Today Only: Gap chambray tropical short sleeve standard fit shirt, $25
- The History of a Spring Staple: The Military Jacket
- Tech Tuesday: Anova Sous Vide WiFi Precision Cooker