We had been warned that Great Smoky Mountains National Park was the busiest park in the country. But it’s hard to imagine what 9,000,000 visitors per year means, or even what 60,000 visitors per busy weekend looks like. And then we got there and we got stuck in the Great Smoky Mountains National Traffic Jam. The good news is that the park is huge, and that most visitors stay on […]Read more
Browsing Category "North Carolina"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- Easton Haven Carbon Handlebar Clearance
- Chainlinks: Best of the Bike Web, September 18, 2014
- Deal Domestique, Sept. 16 : Zipp Service Course Cockpit Gear for 50% Off and More
- Easton AXR Road Bike Wheelsets for Under $200
- The History of Mountain Biking from @belltown1
- Santini Tech Wool Bike Jersey for 42% Off
- SCICON AeroTech Evolution TSA Bicycle Travel Case for 53% Off
- Deal Domestique, Sept. 9 : Garmin Edge Bicycle Computers for 38% Off and More
- Mavic Ksyrium SLS 23 WTS Wheelset for 48% Off