We had been warned that Great Smoky Mountains National Park was the busiest park in the country. But it’s hard to imagine what 9,000,000 visitors per year means, or even what 60,000 visitors per busy weekend looks like. And then we got there and we got stuck in the Great Smoky Mountains National Traffic Jam. The good news is that the park is huge, and that most visitors stay on […]Read more
Browsing Category "North Carolina"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- Deal Domestique, Oct. 21 : LOOK Quartz Mountain Bike Pedals for 70% Off and More
- Mavic Racing Wheels on Sale and More
- Planning a Seaway Trail Cycling Trip
- Deal Domestique, Oct. 14 : Look Kéo Pedals for 46% Off and More
- Chainlinks: Best of the Bike Web, October 9, 2014
- Bicycle Repair Stands on Sale (Park Tool PCS-10 Knock-Offs)
- Deal Domestique, Oct. 7 : Thomson Elite Seatposts for 46% Off and More
- Winter Pearl Izumi Gloves for Over 30% Off
- Well, it’s gettin’ to be that time of year, eh?