Crystal Bridges Museum, Alice Walton’s (a Walmart heiress) attempt at ennobling Arkansas, is great. Its architecture is striking, its setting is beautiful, and its art is provocative. If it was just a park that you could wander through, it’d be amazing. The museum and reception venue put it over the top. But here’s the best part: it’s free. I hated the Hearst Castle because it felt like a money grab, like robbery. $25 […]Read more
Browsing Category "Arkansas"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- Weekend Warrior Sales: Brooks, Thule, and More
- Breakaway Deals, Apr. 21 : Giro Softshell Cycling Jacket For 55% Off And More
- T&T Q&A with Coryn Rivera (@CorynRivera)
- Increase Your Mileage Gradually: Cycling Common Sense I Learned the Hard Way
- Nashbar’s Tax Day Sale Includes* Garmin Edge Computers
- Breakaway Deals, Apr. 14 : Reynolds R Road Wheelsets For 43% Off And More
- T&T Q&A with Arley Kemmerer (@arleykemm)
- ENVE Road And MTB Wheels On Sale For 25-32% Off
- Fear and Loathing at Barry-Roubaix: Part 2