Crystal Bridges Museum, Alice Walton’s (a Walmart heiress) attempt at ennobling Arkansas, is great. Its architecture is striking, its setting is beautiful, and its art is provocative. If it was just a park that you could wander through, it’d be amazing. The museum and reception venue put it over the top. But here’s the best part: it’s free. I hated the Hearst Castle because it felt like a money grab, like robbery. $25 […]Read more
Browsing Category "Arkansas"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- Picks From The @Nashbar Black Friday Throwdown
- Chainlinks from @bikehugger @bikehacks @bikeyface @urbanvelo @fatcyclist and More!
- Deal Domestique, Nov. 25 : Black Friday Cycling Deals Edition 2014
- Campagnolo Scirocco 35 Road Wheelset for $260
- Think There’s a CrossFit Cult? Try Cycling.
- Deal Domestique, Nov. 18 : Free Shipping Edition
- Cranksgiving is Saturday
- How to Arrive by Bike to a Job Interview (Without Looking Like You Biked There)
- Stan’s NoTubes ZTR Alpha 340 Disc Road Wheelset for 44% Off