While buying beer at a Texaco outside Mobile, Alabama before we dashed into a motel for the night and waited out a storm, I learned something. First I bought the beer. Then I asked, “Do you sell lottery tickets here?” “It is illegal,” the Indian man behind the counter said with a perfect Apu Nahasapeemapetilon accent. “Lottery is illegal in this state.” “No kidding?” “It is a God-forsaken state! I can’t wait to [...]Read more
Browsing Category "Alabama"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
We're on month 16 of our 12-month adventure. Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we drove around the United States (35,000 miles!), seeing what we'd find. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region where we're plotting our next move.
- Boston Style on Dappered
- Drinking in Death Valley on Matador
- Packing for a Long Road Trip on Dappered
- Phoenix Style on Dappered
- Remove Red Wine Stains With Baking Soda on Dappered
- Revisiting the Road Trip Packing List on Dappered
- Southern California Style on Dappered
- The Best Smartphone-Suit Compromise on Dappered
- Wisconsin Northwoods Style on Dappered
- Paso Robles in February
- The Most Innovative Ways to Sneak Wine…Anywhere
- A Love Letter to Zinfandel
- Iced Wine or Ice Wine? The Difference is Everything.
- The Perfect Valentine’s Day Wine? Try a Sparkling Rose.