While buying beer at a Texaco outside Mobile, Alabama before we dashed into a motel for the night and waited out a storm, I learned something. First I bought the beer. Then I asked, “Do you sell lottery tickets here?” “It is illegal,” the Indian man behind the counter said with a perfect Apu Nahasapeemapetilon accent. “Lottery is illegal in this state.” “No kidding?” “It is a God-forsaken state! I can’t wait to […]Read more
Browsing Category "Alabama"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- Breakaway Deals, Apr. 28 : Ellsworth Mountain Bikes On Sale For 50% Off And More
- Timbuk2 Messenger Bag One-Day Sale — Hours Left!
- T&T Q&A with Gavin Mannion (@gavinmannion)
- Weekend Warrior Sales: Brooks, Thule, and More
- Breakaway Deals, Apr. 21 : Giro Softshell Cycling Jacket For 55% Off And More
- T&T Q&A with Coryn Rivera (@CorynRivera)
- Increase Your Mileage Gradually: Cycling Common Sense I Learned the Hard Way
- Nashbar’s Tax Day Sale Includes* Garmin Edge Computers
- Breakaway Deals, Apr. 14 : Reynolds R Road Wheelsets For 43% Off And More