While buying beer at a Texaco outside Mobile, Alabama before we dashed into a motel for the night and waited out a storm, I learned something. First I bought the beer. Then I asked, “Do you sell lottery tickets here?” “It is illegal,” the Indian man behind the counter said with a perfect Apu Nahasapeemapetilon accent. “Lottery is illegal in this state.” “No kidding?” “It is a God-forsaken state! I can’t wait to […]Read more
Browsing Category "Alabama"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- Mekk Poggio 2.5 and 3.5 Carbon Road Bike Clearance
- Cheap Fat Bike Guide 2015
- Deal Domestique, Jan. 20 : Lake Cycling Shoes on Sale for 50% Off and More
- T&T Q&A with Brandon Freyer (@brfreyer)
- Five Items Worth a Look from Nashbar’s Monday Madness Sale
- New Year’s Cycling Resolutions: Getting More Out of Riding Indoors
- Deal Domestique, Jan. 13 : Easton Mountain Bike Wheelsets on Sale for 60% Off and More
- The Best Mountain Bike Deal of 2015?
- T&T Q&A with Lauren Hall (@lauren1717)