While buying beer at a Texaco outside Mobile, Alabama before we dashed into a motel for the night and waited out a storm, I learned something. First I bought the beer. Then I asked, “Do you sell lottery tickets here?” “It is illegal,” the Indian man behind the counter said with a perfect Apu Nahasapeemapetilon accent. “Lottery is illegal in this state.” “No kidding?” “It is a God-forsaken state! I can’t wait to […]Read more
Browsing Category "Alabama"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Hacker Casual:
- Tech Tuesday: Get a Microsoft Surface Book for $150 Off
- Hoodies/Jeans/Sneakers: May 2, 2016
- A tip for @Uber, the road to the fryer with @LuckyPeach, blazer shopping with @Dappered, and more
- Today Only: Gap chambray tropical short sleeve standard fit shirt, $25
- The History of a Spring Staple: The Military Jacket
- Tech Tuesday: Anova Sous Vide WiFi Precision Cooker
- Hoodies/Jeans/Sneakers: April 25, 2016
- Beards from @ConversationUS, wedding PJs from @Marisa_Carroll, grooming tips from @modestmanstyle and @StyleGF, and more
- Featured: $20 J.Crew Factory Shorts with GETSHOPPING