While buying beer at a Texaco outside Mobile, Alabama before we dashed into a motel for the night and waited out a storm, I learned something. First I bought the beer. Then I asked, “Do you sell lottery tickets here?” “It is illegal,” the Indian man behind the counter said with a perfect Apu Nahasapeemapetilon accent. “Lottery is illegal in this state.” “No kidding?” “It is a God-forsaken state! I can’t wait to […]Read more
Browsing Category "Alabama"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- Deal Domestique, Nov. 25 : Black Friday Cycling Deals Edition 2014
- Campagnolo Scirocco 35 Road Wheelset for $260
- Think There’s a CrossFit Cult? Try Cycling.
- Deal Domestique, Nov. 18 : Free Shipping Edition
- Cranksgiving is Saturday
- How to Arrive by Bike to a Job Interview (Without Looking Like You Biked There)
- Stan’s NoTubes ZTR Alpha 340 Disc Road Wheelset for 44% Off
- Deal Domestique, Nov. 11 : Framed Fat Bikes for 50% Off and More
- Buying from Chain Reaction Cycles: How it Works