While buying beer at a Texaco outside Mobile, Alabama before we dashed into a motel for the night and waited out a storm, I learned something. First I bought the beer. Then I asked, “Do you sell lottery tickets here?” “It is illegal,” the Indian man behind the counter said with a perfect Apu Nahasapeemapetilon accent. “Lottery is illegal in this state.” “No kidding?” “It is a God-forsaken state! I can’t wait to […]Read more
Browsing Category "Alabama"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- PSA: Jenson USA Christmas Orders Due By Happy Hour
- Reynolds Assault SLG Disc Carbon Wheelset for 45% Off
- Deal Domestique, Dec. 16 : Mavic Yksion Pro Tires for 55% Off and More
- T&T Q&A with Jeremy Powers (@JeremyPowers)
- Today Only: Get a Garmin Edge 810 GPS Bike Computer for $299
- Gift-Worthy Mountain Bike Christmas Presents
- Deal Domestique, Dec. 9 : POC Trabec Helmets for 30% Off and More
- Skratch Labs Electrolyte Mix for 25% Off
- T&T Q&A with Bobby Sweeting (@SweetingR)