While buying beer at a Texaco outside Mobile, Alabama before we dashed into a motel for the night and waited out a storm, I learned something. First I bought the beer. Then I asked, “Do you sell lottery tickets here?” “It is illegal,” the Indian man behind the counter said with a perfect Apu Nahasapeemapetilon accent. “Lottery is illegal in this state.” “No kidding?” “It is a God-forsaken state! I can’t wait to […]Read more
Browsing Category "Alabama"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- Pro Vibe 7S Anatomic Handlebar and More Additions to the Epic Summer Sale
- Deal Domestique, Aug. 19 : Serfas Harness Sunglasses for 58% Off and More
- Easton Haven 29er Wheelset Under $500
- Chainlinks: Best of the Bike Web, August 15, 2014
- Get a Brooks B17 Saddle for $94
- Deal Domestique, Aug. 12 : Road Racing Wheelsets for 60% Off and More
- 24-Hour Price Drop from Chain Reaction Cycles
- Sidi GENIUS 6.6 Carbon Lite Cycling Shoes 42% Off and More from Chain Reaction Cycles
- Giro Prolight Road Bike Helmets for 50% Off