While buying beer at a Texaco outside Mobile, Alabama before we dashed into a motel for the night and waited out a storm, I learned something. First I bought the beer. Then I asked, “Do you sell lottery tickets here?” “It is illegal,” the Indian man behind the counter said with a perfect Apu Nahasapeemapetilon accent. “Lottery is illegal in this state.” “No kidding?” “It is a God-forsaken state! I can’t wait to […]Read more
Browsing Category "Alabama"
Follow Paul and Lisa:
Between October of 2011 and August of 2012, we road-tripped around the United States (38,000 miles!), exploring the country from Savannah to Seattle. After spending some time in London, we "settled" in New York's Finger Lakes wine region for a few months before moving on to Wisconsin. Read all about it in our book, Road Tripping in America.
What's next? Subscribe to find out.
Latest from Trail & Tarmac:
- Easton Haven Carbon Handlebar Clearance
- Chainlinks: Best of the Bike Web, September 18, 2014
- Deal Domestique, Sept. 16 : Zipp Service Course Cockpit Gear for 50% Off and More
- Easton AXR Road Bike Wheelsets for Under $200
- The History of Mountain Biking from @belltown1
- Santini Tech Wool Bike Jersey for 42% Off
- SCICON AeroTech Evolution TSA Bicycle Travel Case for 53% Off
- Deal Domestique, Sept. 9 : Garmin Edge Bicycle Computers for 38% Off and More
- Mavic Ksyrium SLS 23 WTS Wheelset for 48% Off