New Mexico’s City of Rocks State Park is awesome. It’s basically a big pile of rocks between mountain ranges in the middle of the New Mexican desert.
Distant mountains, grassy plains, pile 'o building-sized rocks in the middle.
You can scramble around on them as long as you’re careful. Most campsites are immediately adjacent.
Best to stay caffeinated and alert.
The rocks look like … well … you tell us!
1) Alexander Graham __ rang these as a boy when playing in the capital's belfry.
2) This holy mother can be found blessing Chicago's underpasses.
3) Rare in the desert, Ahab hunted these on the oceans.
4) This gas-inducing gate can also be found in Chicago.
5) Like other reptiles, I am cold blooded. Unlike others reptiles, I travel with my home on my back.
6) Doing this can get you promoted, but it may chap your lips.
7) Wiping this with government-issued park TP can sometimes get messy.