Honestly, we didn’t do a great job rooting out good tacos and tamales in Vermont during our recent trip to Burlington. However, through both experience and research (and reddit), here’s what we learned:
- Burlington, VT: Miguel’s On Main — We bailed on this place after walking past and getting a whiff of scorched oil. May not have been from Miguel’s, but the Yelp reviews are not overly positive. However, plenty of people seem to like it on Facebook.
- Burlington, VT: Madera’s Restaurante — This place was recommended to us by a local at the Snow Farm Vineyard. They get points for making their own tortillas.
- Burlington, VT (and elsewhere) Boloco — This place seems to be a New England Chipotle knock-off. Maybe worth a try, but far from authentico.
- Stowe, VT: Frida’s Taqueria — A disappointment for us. The prices should have been half as much and the quality twice as high. Homemade tortillas … from yesterday. Margaritas were the high point.
- Johnson, VT (outside Stowe): Hot Tamale — Really want to visit this place on a Monday and take advantage of their 3 tacos for $7 deal. And any place that makes tamales has to be awesome.
- Brattleboro, VT: Three Stones Restaurant — This got a really positive review on one of our earlier posts about Mexican food in Burlington. However, it’s pretty far out of the way if you’re driving from Burlington to Boston.